423 kWh COBRA battery
COBRA Compact Battery Rack
COBRA is an advanced and DNV type approved battery system employing inherently safe lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cell technology and taking the special requirements of maritime operation and classification into account. Any scale of power storage is available by freely configuring modular units in standardised racks of up to 1,000 V DC including efficient water or air-cooling and a battery management system. The COBRA Battery System from Lehmann Marine is type approved by DNV and complies with the European Standard of Technical Requirements for Inland Navigation Vessels (ESTRIN).
Offer Request Form
Are you interested in our battery systems? Feel free to download our interactive Offer Request Form (PDF) by clicking the button below. Please fill out the relevant information of your project as detailed as possible. We will get back to you with our offer as soon as possible.
Inherently safe LFP technology
COBRA provides a robust and reliable modular battery design with battery racks of up to 94 kWh and 1,000 V DC. A battery cluster with up to 16 battery racks and 1 control cabinet provides a capacity of 1.5 MWh at a length of 8.4 meters. That makes COBRA the most compact battery system on the maritime market. The COBRA system is freely scalable from a few kWh to several MWh by adding as many battery racks or clusters as required.
High-quality and inherently safe LFP battery cells do not catch fire in case of thermal runaway, overcharge, short-circuit or mechanical damage. Combined with permanent monitoring by its battery management system (BMS) on cell, module and rack levels, COBRA guarantees the highest standards for safety with no propagation from cell to cell.
Furthermore, lithium iron phosphate (LFP) is the only chemistry used in Li-Ion batteries that occurs in its chemical composition as a natural mineral. Compared to others, such as NMC or NCA, LFP comes without the heavy-metal cobalt, making our COBRA System an environmentally friendly and green battery solution.
- Highest safety level due to inherent safe LFP battery chemistry
- No cell-to-cell propagation in case of thermal runaway
- Environmental friendly cobalt-free battery
- Compact and light-weight battery system with superior energy density
- Modular rack design with battery racks in different height configurations
- Freely scalable from 11 kWh to several MWh
- Up to 94 kWh and 1,000 V DC per battery rack
- Battery clusters with up to 16 battery racks and 1 control cabinet
- Integrated battery management system (BMS)
- Flexible interface to the power management system (CanBus, ModBus or others)
- DNV Type Approval
- Complies with ESTRIN (IEC 62619 & IEC 62620)
- Electric drives
- Hybrid drives
- Emergency power supply
- Peak shaving
- Hotel load
- Load levelling
- Energy storage